Looking for a safe and colorful alternative to plastic rattles for your little doll.. try wooden rattle toys. One the best and safe alternatives to plastic rattle toys!
Jhun Jhuna – The traditional indian wooden rattle toy
These traditional Indian toys also called as “Jhun Jhuna” in Hindi provide a safe alternative to plastic toys.
Few things we need to keep in mind though
- Buy from some reputed manufacturer
- Make sure that the corners are smooth
- Make sure that the colors used are organic and non toxic . Its better to ask. If regular paint is used then it’s not safe to use these toys.
- Buy from reputes shops who can give the guarantee of the quality.
Ok, if you find this interesting check these out from various online market place or offline shops…
Do you know that in India, there are places which specialize in wooden toys.
Have you heard of Channapattna. This place is famous for making safe and beautiful wooden toys. Very near to Bangalore & Mysore it is a must visit place if you are a wooden toy fan !
You can read more about these by clicking here !
Wooden rattles for babies
You can try these simple wooden baby rattle..
OR, give her a more colorful wooden rattle, the rainbow rattle
Rolling wooden rattle
Or, a wooden rattle like a rolling rattle – like the one below from Desi Toys
Cartoon wooden rattles
Or .. check these funny ones out .. the cartoon rattles
There are many more different types of wooden rattles available out there. Buy some of these colorful ones for your baby.
Many of these are hand made and are made by local artisans requiring some excellent craftsmanship which has been passed from from generation to generation!
Buying these toys, you not only give a safe and beautifully colored toy to your child, you are also helping this art to survive!
So Do check them out.
Check out all other wooden toys – click here
- Gift for new born baby – Top 5 Gift ideas for new born baby!
- Mechanix Toys – A perfect gift for your little engineer!
- Toy Review-Taf Toys All in One Baby Car Toy for your princess!
- Special toys – Toys for kids with Auditory Processing Disorder
- Top 5 Study Table for kids – Sleek, sturdy and modern best study table for kids
- Choosing toys for visually challenged kids
- Wooden Phirki Toys – cute traditional spinning toy ( Firki Toys )