Looking for a safe and colorful alternative to plastic rattles for your little doll.. try wooden rattle toys. One the best and safe alternatives to plastic rattle toys!
Jhun Jhuna – The traditional indian wooden rattle toy
These traditional Indian toys also called as “Jhun Jhuna” in Hindi provide a safe alternative to plastic toys.
Few things we need to keep in mind though
- Buy from some reputed manufacturer
- Make sure that the corners are smooth
- Make sure that the colors used are organic and non toxic . Its better to ask. If regular paint is used then it’s not safe to use these toys.
- Buy from reputes shops who can give the guarantee of the quality.
Ok, if you find this interesting check these out from various online market place or offline shops…
Do you know that in India, there are places which specialize in wooden toys.
Have you heard of Channapattna. This place is famous for making safe and beautiful wooden toys. Very near to Bangalore & Mysore it is a must visit place if you are a wooden toy fan !
You can read more about these by clicking here !
Wooden rattles for babies
You can try these simple wooden baby rattle..
OR, give her a more colorful wooden rattle, the rainbow rattle
Rolling wooden rattle
Or, a wooden rattle like a rolling rattle – like the one below from Desi Toys
Cartoon wooden rattles
Or .. check these funny ones out .. the cartoon rattles
There are many more different types of wooden rattles available out there. Buy some of these colorful ones for your baby.
Many of these are hand made and are made by local artisans requiring some excellent craftsmanship which has been passed from from generation to generation!
Buying these toys, you not only give a safe and beautifully colored toy to your child, you are also helping this art to survive!
So Do check them out.
Check out all other wooden toys – click here
- Geometry for kids – A fun way to teach Geometry to kids – Kitki three sticks maths game
- Eco Friendly Toys – A cool alternative to plastic toys!
- Kathputli – the Puppet Play – Fun and learning together for kids
- Fundough Molly Dolly for your little princess
- Einstein Box Review – Early Learning Program for 1 to 6 year old
- Popular toy brands in India
- Dancing Duck toy Review – Best Toy for 1 year old